Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy Independence Month!

If we just contain it to a day, I will miss it, so celebrating all month long! I think a lot lately about the state of affairs we find ourselves in as a nation, first let me say that I am still grateful and proud to be an American. I do find it pretty distressing though that our country as a whole has dimished in stature, self respect and overall goodness. This past week I was traveling through Illinois again and took a few pictures that I will share in a later post, but this one made me smile. It is what the old Dairy Freeze in Hurricane used to be, a place to hang out in the evening for kids and families. This drive in was in Effingham, IL it smelled heavenly and had I not just eaten some healthy salad down the road, I would have loved to have dinner and a little slice of nostaglia here...next time!

1 comment:

Elaine said...

Oh my goodness, Ann, it does look just like the Hurricane Dairy Freeze! Too cool. Thanks for the trip back in time-

Happy 4th of July and Independence Month!