Monday, March 19, 2012

Skid Retires

Today is the first full day of retirement for my hubby Bruce, aka, Skid.  I'm not sure how this is all going to go.  I am happy for him, he's worked hard all his life and deserves it, but he is driving me a little nuts.  I had to remind him this morning that he may be retired from work, but he is not retired from life.  There are still horses and dogs and cats to be fed at the crack of dawn.

I also had to set him straight that I am not his secretary nor his personal assistant and that he would need to figure out how to fax things and that he might have to turn his new iPAD3 on once in awhile to get email and stuff like that.

The worst part so far is that I have to find personal insurance, he will be going on Medicare (YIKES!) and I will have to fend for myself.  After spending too many hours applying for insurance, talking to sales guys and underwriters and being totally pissed off at how much it costs and how little it covers, I'm thinking I may have to go get a part time job somewhere just for the freaking insurance!  Any suggestions would be helpful.  Anyway, just hoping he can find something to do to keep him out of the house and active.  I have a list of things for him, but he's moving like a turtle right now and I guess I need to let him for just a little while.

2 comments:

Karen Mendenhall said...

He will settle in, it is like taking a fish out of water...they flounder a bit and then learn to find the water again...he will adjust and so will you and life will go on. If it doesn't, I know you know how to kick some butt. Hee Hee...love ya!

2pattyesque said...

Eventually the "long vacation" begins to feel too long. You will just have to wait to that point. I "hear ya."