Friday, September 6, 2013

Catching Up With Life

I haven't been on here for awhile, not that I don't have a whole lot to write about, I have tons.  Life has taken some pretty dramatic turns over the past year.  I am on a journey that has profound sadness with the end of my 20 year marriage and incredible happiness at finding my way and being exactly where I need to be.  So over the next few weeks I will be catching up my story here, making posts about how I have come to the place I am now and why I feel so grateful for listening to the whispers of my heart and for all the Divine intervention along the way.  I witness miracles every single day and although it has not been an easy road, I am happy and full of peace and joy.  So let's get started!
Last Fall, I was definitely at a crossroad, a place that was becoming all too familiar to me.  My life was going in an annual cycle or discontentment, committing to try harder, a period of artificial peace and then back to the uncomfortable place that things were not right in my world.

I took a day to hang out in Zion, one of the most sacred and spiritual places on earth.  It's good to come here and take in the beauty, to feel small at the feet of the Creator and to worship at the Court of the Patriarchs.  It was a beautiful day.

I had been through the Brave Girls Course of Soul Restoration II earlier in the year, I was just beginning Soul Restoration I,  It was time to take a good hard look at my soul house, yep, it was in a lot of disrepair.  The only thing left to do was close it down for restoration.  Time to take a good look inside and see just what I had become through the years of not taking care of myself, of letting people into my house that had worn out their welcomes, of always being the one that gave everything and really got little in return.  I shut my soul house down and set about doing the work to restore my soul.  Best choice in a long, long time.
The seasons changed and so did I

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Beautiful!!! Photos and words. Keep blogging, please xoxoxoxxo

Elaine said...

Sorry to hear that life has been a rollercoaster this past year. I hop the future holds much happiness for you.

Rosebudlady said...

Oh Sweetie....What powerful words you have written...Wishing you much happiness. You are so brave and wonderful~