Thursday, April 29, 2010

My new job





I spent time in Sioux Falls, SD this week with my new team. We decided to take the opportunity to explore just alittle bit (well mostly the exploring was for me) They took me to the falls for which the city is named. I had no idea (guess I should have figured with the name, duh!) that the falls would be so beautiful and huge. As you can see from the pictures, spring run off is in full force. The building across the river is the old Queen Bee Mill, they thought at one point that they could harness the power of the falls to run the mill, that was in the spring, by the fall the water is just a trickle. The ruins are what is left of the mill, pretty cool place to spend the evening.

I am really loving my new job, it is a lot of work and a lot of learning, but this week it has really taken off, so it is getting fun. My team has been great to work with and I enjoy spending time with them, you gotta love the folks from this area and the "you betchas" I even slip sometimes. So in the picture from left to right are Pam, Jean, Jon (my boss) Dick and me. I figure I will be spending a fair amount of time in the upper midwest, so I better figure out everything thing I need to see and explore while I'm there.

6 comments:

Karen M. said...

I love the pictures, I so want to go see that place, what is the weather like there? I did not know they had falls either, DUH! Thanks for sharing and congrats on the new job, you deserve it and I am very happy for you to get back in the pits with the rest of us working joes, LOL

Claire said...

The New Job sounds Great!
I hope it is everything you
were looking for!!

Congrats!

The Pictures are GREAT!

Elaine said...

Awesome photos, as usual! Congrats on the new job--what is it exactly you are doing? I hope it is something that you enjoy :-)

GLWallace said...

Incredibly beautiful part of the US.

Trish the Dish said...

Glad you found another place to get lost in!

Carole said...

Looks like you have an awesome crew there to work with, good luck on the new job. I am happy for you, also it is such pretty country. Bet it is a nice place to visit.