Thursday, April 22, 2010

Thoughts...


I have been struck lately by the resiliency of some people who are facing down life changing events. It makes me think about events in my own world and how they might not be as big a deal as I make them. I was looking through my box of positive affirmations today looking for something that would change my perspective a bit. It is sometimes difficult for me to stay on the positive side of the street, so I take all the help I can get (reminds me I need to down a couple of St. John's yet today...) anyway, here is the affirmation for today. If it fits, take it, if it doesn't well, keep moving along little doggy.

"I speak and think positively" "I listen to what I say. If I hear myself using negative or limiting words, I stop myself and change them"

4 comments:

Karen M. said...

Positive thoughts and actions make us better, more adjusted people. Positivity breeds confidence in oneself. When we think, act, and do positive things we are more confident in the little challenges that come along. I for one invite positivity into my life, I don't want to be negative anymore because I thrive on light. If it is a negative influence that wants to drag me down then I will eliminate it from my world...today and from now on I choose to be happy, positive, and confident. Taught 4th grade science for two days, (well kind of) and I saw a new side of myself and I liked it. Confident! Thanks for the daily uplift, keep em coming!

Brandon, Misty, Kyla and Casey said...

Think positively....I like it. Simple, yet sometimes hard to do. Counting our blessings is a good way to try and bypass negative thoughts. By the way mom, there was no "kind of" taught 4th grade, you were in there full throttle like a pro....I was so proud! The kids and I will really miss having "Mrs. Mendenhall" around when you go home this weekend!

Elaine said...

I have really appreciated you being so positive and encouraging to me, it has been a tangible strength in my life! I have a quote I really like, that is similar to the affirmation you posted: "He who argues for his limitations gets to keep them!" Also, as I recently posted on Facebook, I think "hope" is a strategy--it has to be worked for and fought for.

Claire said...

I have never known you to be negative!
I have always thought Oprah did the World a favor with her positive only journal! I have found that people find what they are looking for!
No one is perfect! But it is so easy to find fault!
I have been working on being less critical!
I am not perfect, so why do I expect everyone else to be? It is a work in Progress! Ü
Th sharing your thoughts! It really makes me think!