Tuesday, August 24, 2010

My Big Sister


I have the best big sister in the world. She has been my best friend for as long as I can possibly remember. Well except for when she was in high school and had to share her bedroom with me, but even then, she was always good to me.

We've had some of the greatest times over the years, shopping in Prague, touring the tulips and the red light district in Amsterdam, eating strawberries under the Eiffel Tower, wandering the alley ways in Venice, bawling our eyes out after touring the concentration camps, lace and nutcracker collecting in Germany, chocolate and the salt mines in Austria, yodeling in the Swiss Alps....we have had some adventures. And let's not forget the great times (minus our crazy driver) discovering the small walled villages throughout Italy. So many things we have done and experienced together. She shares her life, her family, her church calling, her heart and soul with me and I love you Hippie Hippie dippy Karey Beary Bean Blossom!

Now is the challenge and adventure of a lifetime, she is fighting a brain thinger bobber that she has named Ned. It is nerve wracking as we wait to find out what course of action she has to get rid of the stupid thing, but I have no doubt that she will get rid of it. It may be a tough road, but there is so much love and support in her corner and I know that Heavenly Father is watching over her. So here is my good riddance to Ned diddy...

I hate that you have a name, and that you're even here at all,
Really, who invited you and what is your purpose for showing up now?
Why do you think that you have power to stay
and what is your plan at the end of the day?

You really should exit the same way you came,
You are not welcome you big piece of nothing
Take a hike, a taxi a raft or yacht
how you exit Dodge I really care...NOT!

Why do things like this happen to such good people like Karen
She's never done wrong and she serves others willingly
I have a hard time figuring this thing out
One thing I know without any doubt

It just one more test in a long line of many
I pray for a great outcome and for an easy journey
but should the road get tough and you need me, I'm there
I'll help you and love you and shoulder my share

But I say to you, just get rid of that thinger
he's really not needed, so don't let him linger
Snuff out old Ned and send the creepy thing packing
we need to get back to our silly wise cracking!

So I'm no poet, but you get the message!


I love ya tons! And I am there for you!

2 comments:

Karen M. said...

Wow! I certainly don't deserve all of that! And flowers too! You are the best - I love you so much. And for the record, I loved the poem and will keep it close so I can read it often and will away that annoying Ned! Thanks for my cup of mojo this morning. See you soon!

Carole said...

Oh Ann, what a beautiful tribute to our beautiful, awesome Karen. I wish I knew how to put feelings into words like my daughters do. I am so thankful that you are both so close to each other. It will be good for you both to spend time together. I love you Ann.