Thursday, August 5, 2010

Trip to Minnesota wrap up

Okay, so I did make it back from South Dakota and Minnesota but it was a LONG trip. The weather ended up being stormy so we had to drive 8 hours each way for a 2 hour meeting...that dang bank better sign the flippin' contracts! Any way, we did have a little fun along the way. This is my colleague Jon at the place we ate lunch in Fargo, ND - it was pretty good, you betcha!

On the road again...I was driving, fast like normal, defying the slow poke Minnesota farmers and country hillbillies, had a nice flow going when I saw a small sign at the side of the road that said ANTIQUES. Screeching tires and quick turn into the skinny drive way and we found this treasure.

Good thing we spotted this place, it was really cool and had a ton of things I would have loved to purchase. Super good thing we couldn't get stuff in the rental car, and I knew I couldn't get it in my plane, so I kept to the business of finding old spoons for my sista Bean Blossom. I asked the guy at the counter if he had any old spoons, he pulled out a huge box and told me to take my pick. A buck a piece for silver plated spoons...not bad, huh Karen? Here is a sampling of the what I got. Next time you see these, they will be shaped into bracelets.

We decided when we finally got to Grand Rapids that we deserved a nice dinner. $150 later we felt like we had achieved our goal. Great steak and hello, I've never had a popover before...it's a staple in these parts and I was a little torqued that I only got one.

Long story short, meeting with the bank went better than anticipated, but they still haven't signed the paper work, so I still have work to do. The trip back seemed to go faster, of course I drove most of it so that's probably why. We got back to Sioux Falls around 8:00 pm on Friday night, I checked into the hotel, walked the block to the grocery store, stocked up for my flight home in the morning, set a goal to get in bed by 10:00, everything is going according to plan except that I wake up every 2 hours to make sure I'm not over sleeping, man I hate that!

Up and at the airport by 6:30, YEA! Pre-flight, fueled up, loaded up and ready to go. There is fog on the ground from all the rain during the week. A lesser pilot wouldn have waited, me however, I was on a mission to get home before the thunderstorms built up in Denver. 373WD cleared for take off and take off I did. It was a nice flight home, smooth and quiet. I got to Denver safely and just before the thunderstorms started to build. It was a fun and confidence building trip for me. As always, I had a special co-pilot taking care of me.

3 comments:

Trish the Dish said...

Glad you made it back in one piece! You'll have to post the spoon creations, can't wait to see them

Carole said...

I really like your co-pilot and I am glad he was there. Glad you had a good trip and know you will get a signed contracout of it. also glad you found such a neat bargain in the spoons.

Jim Crocker said...

Ann, my folks live in Minnesota (Bemidji) and I'm always looking for an opportunity to go. Let me know if you'd ever like a paying passenger!

Jim