Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Leg #3

Yesterday was the flight from Lakeville to Sioux Falls. The flight should have been an easy 1 hour and 10 minues...right...it was a long, hot, sweaty, bumpy, slow because of head wind 2 hour flight. I didn't know I could sweat that much! It was so humid it was ridiculous. I was literally drenched when I finally landed, and it wasn't my best landing which made me unhappy. I was supposed to be on the ground long enough to pick up Jon (my colleague) and then head on up to Aberdeen. The weather wasn't supposed to get any better, so I hangared the Whiskey Girl in Sioux Falls and we drove 3 hours to Aberdeen, yuck! The best thing is that Jon is really interesting to talk too, we had a lot of business stuff to catch up on and there were some huge fields of sunflowers along the way.

Our meeting went really well with our business partners in Aberdeen, I was expecting a really hard day since we had just fired 3 people from their shop that they all seemed to really like. Well they got over it pretty fast and the day went better than expected. I wish I'd have known that so I wouldn't have tossed and turned and worried all night. I was pretty wiped after the meeting and the 3 hour ride back. When we got back to Sioux Falls, I walked across the parking from my hotel to the mall, got a massage and when I came out had to wait about 45 minutes for a beautiful lightening storm and then a torrential down pour of rain. The rain eased long enough for me to run back across the parking lot. I was drenched when I got back to my room. A hot shower, a little blogging, a funny half hour of Will and Grace then it will be good night Irene!

Tomorrow a day in the office catching up, Yee Haw!

No comments: