Sunday, October 10, 2010

The Big Easy

A few days in New Orleans is an experience no one should miss. The Beniets at Cafe De Monde, the Muffaleta's at Franks, pralines, Hurricanes, beads, and all the crazies on Bourbon Street. It was a blast!





If you're easily offended, weak stomached or "not quite jaded" Bourbon Street and the French Quarter probably aren't the place for you, at least not after dark. The music is incredible though and really, you can dance, stand, eat, or just people watch everywhere.

We took a break from all the voodoo and debauchery, caught a street rail and took a tour through the garden district. The homes were so incredible and right in the middle of it all is Loyola and Tulane Universities. Awesome! The home bathed in pink is a beautiful white mansion that went pink while we were standing there in support of breast cancer research, very cool!





The City has recovered nicely since I was there right after Katrina, I didn't get to go see the hard hit areas this time so I am hoping that they are recovering as well. It is such a unique and vibrant city, just totally fun and delightfult every where you go. And yes Tricia, the hot lead singer was still rockin' the joint! Even saw the dude with the pony tail.

This is the sun coming up this morning as I made my way home. I get to go back in December for a couple of days and I have my sites set on other areas to explore. But no doubt another trip to the Garden district mansions all decorated for Christmas will be on the top of my list!

3 comments:

Elaine said...

I have always wanted to go to New Orleans--this makes me want to go even more! I have an Aunt and Uncle that use to go there every summer to enjoy the music at night. They had a favorite Irish group they would go back to see year after year. Love seeing your travels! :-)

Trish the Dish said...

I can't believe that band was still there! I loved them! I might need to make a trip to the Big Easy to do some rockin' and dancin' - um, after the baby of course :)

Karen M. said...

Sounds really fun, maybe have to tag along sometime!