Saturday, October 23, 2010

Cavalia


Wow! It was an incredible show and an experience I will not forget. The horses were beautiful and amazing, and in true Cirque du Solei fashion you almost forget you are actually looking at real people and real animals performing on stage, it was just beautiful from start to finish. It started out with 2 babies (5 month old horses) walking the length of the stage (which was covered in sand). The lights were dim, and they just meandered across the stage like we weren't there at all, while a lady sang a haunting tune. From there the horse with long manes and tails, the beautiful costumes, then the thundering riders at breakneck speeds trick riding all the while the acrobats were swinging and tumbling from the rafters, WOW doesn't do it justice. We were 3 rows from the front, you could feel the wind and we definitely had sand in our hair by the end. It was incredible and even though you couldn't take pictures during the show, I did manage a couple.

1 comment:

Karen M. said...

Sounds incredible, I wish I could have experienced that with you. I know Cirque does an outstanding job with any performance so I am not surprised they did this one with flair, but horses, so unpredictible but I am sure breathtaking none the less, good for you!