Friday, September 2, 2011

Okoboji

Time to try and get caught up! This is Okoboji Iowa, I was a little nervous about a resort in the corn fields of Iowa, but hey (or hay), it was where my conference season for work was kicking off, so who am I to question? This is a picture from the amusement park on Lake Okoboji.


Just a couple of blocks from the hotel was the local airport, or airstrip. Only in Iowa would you see the big bails of hay sitting on the side, pretty funny and very Midwest.

Sunset over Lake Okoboji was spectacular!

Sunset over the corn field wasn't bad either except that its was SO HUMID! I about died after climbing out of the air conditioning in the car to take a couple shots from the roadside, the air was so thick it hung like fog and quickly fogged the camera lens. Both pictures are along the road outside of town.


The most amazing thing about the Midwest is the fireflies, to me they are so magical. I tried hard to get a picture, but I couldn't get a good one, plus I was so mesmerized that I just put the camera down and watched. That is one of the coolest things I think I've ever seen! And one last shot from the patio of my hotel room. The week I was there they had gotten 8 inches of rain. I thought for the first day or two that this lake was supposed to be there, until I realized that the trees probably shouldn't have been growing in the middle, I know, very observant on my part....

No comments: