Friday, January 20, 2012

Fun with my sister

My heart is always happy when my big sis comes to visit for a few days.  It always seems like we will have so much time but the time goes by so quickly.  We spent a lot of time with the puppies, going to the vet getting them ready to go to new homes, putting me back together when I would totally fall apart, loving and playing with them.  I know she thinks she's not a dog person, but I beg to differ.  Animals instinctively know good people and they loved her.
Two of my favorites!

 We went to the National Western Stock Show where I think Karen was astounded at the cows being bathed, combed, clipped, puffed and prepared for show.  It's quite the operation and something to ponder...these cows are pampered like movie stars at a spa, crazy!
Chilling in the cow barn
Look close at the cows tail, they tease the end and spray it, kind of looks like cotton candy and the bigger the poof, the better.  We stayed until the people got so thick we couldn't move through the aisles.  We only touch a fraction of what was there to see.
We finished this awesome project too.  I had an old frame in the garage that we cleaned up.  We went to Home Depot and bought a full big smooth board (can't remember what the heck it was called" they sawed it into smaller pieces for me so out of one board I got 5 big pieces.  Next we painted the board with chalk board paint and then glued it to the framed and hung it.  It turned out so great and now I still have the other boards that we painted that I can either use in other places like my office and my hangar, but you could cut smaller pieces, use smaller frames and use them for gifts or classrooms, kitchens, you name it.  We were both happy with how it all turned out.  Just a hint that garage sales and thrift stores are great places for cheap frames.

Of course we made jewelry, Karen is a machine when it comes to stringing and she made some really pretty pieces that we didn't take pictures of, maybe she will and post them on her blog.  It was a really fun few days and I just love having that kind of one on one time with my soul sista.  Love you Karen!

1 comment:

Carol's Story said...

so nice that you both could have that time together.It does not come often enough. Love you both tons and tons.