Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Brave Girls Art Class

I am having so much fun in this class.  It is on-line so you do it at your pace.  We get new assignments each week along with videos and ideas/techniques to help us learn.  We also have a group page on Facebook where people post pictures of their projects.  Today we got a service assignment to send one of our flower pictures or doodle pages to some one or many someones to share our talent.  I so love learning this and love the happiness the flowers bring.  I will be posting as I go and will be setting up a new blog with just my craft projects.  I was asked today if BraveGirlsclub.com could use one of my pictures, so I will have one up there if you want to check it out.  I also had a couple of inquiries about buying my gas pump picture and yet another for pieces of my jewelry so I'm going to be brave and put it out there.
The challenge to create flowers from ordinary objects...
I'm working on my Funky Flower collage, I'll be posting it next, just waiting for it to dry so I can make sure I'm finished or determine if I need to add anything else.  This is such a fun challenge for me, I've never felt "creative" or artsy even though I love doing crafts.  It really forces me to let go of the perfectionism and helps me not over think everything.  It takes me longer than a lot of the other gals, but I'm trying not to let that affect me, just like I'm trying not to compare what I do with everyone else, but that's the hard part cause some of these people are artists!

No comments: