Friday, September 7, 2012

Peach Days

 Courtney Matilda Sweet Pea

The Blue Moon rising

I had so much fun in Hurricane last week.  First I got to spend most of it with Courtney and I wish I had a bunch of pictures, I took a few out on the desert the night of the Blue Moon.
The Blue Moon coming up over the Mesa
This is how we roll

Then the big Peach Days celebration and all the entries!  I had never entered anything since the early days of 4-H (like a hundred years ago), so this time I entered 2 pictures...
and did pretty good

I also entered cupcakes in the bake off, peach cupcakes with brown sugar frosting.  They were really good, but not good enough to win.  And I forgot to take pictures.  I was a little frazzled because I forgot to put the peaches in the first batch...duh!  So I ended up making 2 batches, so I had cupcakes coming out my ears.  I'm already scanning recipes for next year.


And this is my super cool and talented sister with her basket of canned goodies and peppers that pretty much all took blue ribbons, she's pretty unbelievable with her kitchen skills.

It was just so fun to actually have stuff in the mix and all the anticipation at waiting to see what I would win.  I loved it!  



No comments: