Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Farm Update




I took Booner to the vet last week because he was moping around, he had gained a lot of weight, was acting a little depressed and when I comb the shedding hair on his back, there was a huge bald spot. Overall you could tell that he just wasn't feeling himself (can any of you relate?) The vet checked him over good, drew some blood, weighed him - a whopping 148 lbs! The last part was the urine sample, it was silly following him around with a cup on a stick while he sniffed the trees and bushes, but it worked. When the tests came back they revealed that his thyroid was low and that he had crystals in his urine (that should be a good thing right?) which had the probability of turning to stones, YIKES! We put him on antibiotics and thryoid tablets and he is like a new dog, frolicking around and the spark in his eye is back. He needs to lose about 10 lbs, same as me. So we are working on it together. Something tells me he will win but it is great motivation.


Part of the daily regement is walks (brisker now), ball throwing and a dip in the pond. Check out Sadie, she looks like a coyote when she's wet. She LOVES the water and don't try to take her ball away, I bent down to pick it up this morning just as she lunged for it. Her hard head connected with my jaw and I saw stars! That will definitely leave a mark.

2 comments:

Nikki said...

I know I could stand to loose about 10 (or more!)Glad your dog is doing better.

Carole said...

Hey!! you be careful in trying to take away a ball. Eli growled at me when I tried to take away his bucket. He has a thing for buckets and likes to toss them in the air with his head.