Monday, December 15, 2008

Christmas Traditions Tag


One of the traditions I remember most about Christmas when I was little was the Town Christmas program at the old LaVerkin Church. We always did the Nativity in the Primary and it was such a big deal to get to be Mary. The problem in my class was that there was a girl named Mary so the rest of us got to be shepherds or wise men. Anyway, the best part of the night was towards the end of the program everyone sang Christmas songs and when we'd sing "Up on the Roof Top" or "Here Comes Santa Claus" sure enough the big guy would come ho ho ho'ing into the church and we'd get to rush the stage, tell him what we wanted, get a candy cane and it was SOOOOO exciting!

Loved that! Merry Christmas and tag to EVERYONE WHO WANTS TO PLAY!!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is one of my favorite Christmas memories also...I don't remember the Nativity part but that is just because I was excited for Santa...oh to be a kid again.

Karen M. said...

I also have those memories of Christmas Eve at the program at the old church, we have placed a Geocache at the church in memory of fun times there and all the hours spent playing house, christmas and as a teenager hours spent on the front lawn waiting for boys to come by. Ha to be young again,