Saturday, June 13, 2009

Fun in the great outdoors

I am so thankful that I get the experience of living "at the cabin" all year round. It has been such a beautiful Spring here with lots of moisture so the wild flowers are going nuts. I let Hannah come outside with me yesterday and realized when she tried to climb a tree (she doesn't have front claws) that she had never experienced that part of being a cat, so I decided that she should. I found a tree that had a slant to the trunk and put her in it, she LOVED it! You can see though that she is a little heavy to be teetering on the little branches, and pulling her out of there reminded me of Tricia's picture where they're trying to get Brecken off the carousel, it was a bit of a fight!

Next I put her in the buckboard so she could stay outside while I took the rest of the pictures.

I love seeing the wild turkeys when they're strutting their stuff, their feathers are so cool looking in the sunlight. They can be a little aggressive in the Spring though, just ask Pete or Jean.

And what post would be complete without a dog shot? This is Sadie, she's still my shadow. I was gardening the other day and she decided she wanted to wrestle, so she took me down! We rolled around on the grass and I was giggling so hard I thought I might wet myself! It was fun, but I have a few bruises now from those strong sharp teeth! And it always gets interesting when the other 2 dogs join in, I am totally out numbered!

This morning started bright and early, 4:00 am to be exact. We had company (Bruce's cousin and his wife) stay with us last night on their way to Minnesota. Of course I don't have pictures of that, but I have to mention the homemade ice cream from last night, it was unbelievable! My best batch ever! Vanilla with raspberries on top. I have a Krups machine that you freeze the bowl for 24 hours then pour the mixture into it and let it go for about 30 minutes, it is the best invention EVER. After they left at 4:00, Bruce geared up and left on a motorcycle adventure at 6:00 am, so I am a lone woman in the Garden of Eden today! Speaking of... this last shot is a barrel cactus I found out front, in bloom! I haven't seen that here in like, forever!

4 comments:

Trish the Dish said...

It looks so pretty out there right now! I can't wait to bring Brecken out there next month. We'll see how fast he is with those turkeys!

Ann said...

You know it! And thank goodness the moths will be gone by then, it's a little rough right now! Pretty, but mothy!

2pattyesque said...

What a pretty area you live in, Ann!

Karen M. said...

Wow you do have lots of company this month but it is right up your alley, you are the perfect host. I love the thoughts, the insights,and the pictures, you are are quite something! Thanks again for sharing your world, I love it!