Saturday, June 6, 2009

The Snake and the Hawk

You'll have to use you imagination for this story, but I guarantee it is true. I was driving into Denver this morning and say a huge hawk perched on a fence post with something dangling from it's talons. I did a double take and realized it was a SNAKE! I watched in my rearview mirror as I was driving but couldn't resist the temptation so I turned around and went back. On the drive back I was pulling out my camera, turning off the radio, getting ready for the perfect shot. I was so stunned by the size of the snake, I missed the shot, but the snake in his talons was at least 6 foot long, it hung down the front and side of the fence post. I startled him when I rolled down the windo and he dropped the snake and flew off. I'm pretty sure he came back, he was only part way through dinner! Wish I could have gotten the shot, it was totally unreal!

3 comments:

Carole said...

Ann that is awesome... wish I could have seen it. Thanks for the message on my blog. I have gotten it all goofed up and I have been trying to straighten it out, if I cannot I will do a new blog. Love ya.

Nikki said...

I am gettin' itchy skin just picturing it. I bet it was a site to see though!

Brandon, Misty, Kyla and Casey said...

I think I would have kept on driving!