Friday, June 26, 2009

Grass!


I have been in Hurricane this past week and I am so happy to have GRASS in my back yard! In the evening the cotton tails come out and trim it up for me, fertilize it and provide entertainment. It has been a really fun week here for me. Along with the mouse hunts and sister sleep overs, I have been able to connect with my old friend and patner in crime, Patty Gubler and her sister Edna Claire (sorry Clairey, that's still the way I remember you!).

Yesterday I drove to Zion and stopped in Rockville to visit with another friend from school, Shillene DeMille. I hadn't seen her since high school so it was really fun catching up. What struck me last night is that as you are living your life and going through your growing experiences, some how you think that everyone else has perfect lives. What you find out when you connect is that everyone has been on a journey and that life is a different growing experience for everyone.

I'm getting ready to ramp up the plans for the "girl's getaway" over Peach Days in Hurricane. Some of you have contacted me and I am excited that you are excited. I'll get a post out next week and we can all start putting the adventure together.

2 comments:

Claire said...

We had a Great visit too!
IT is OK to use my whole name. it is when people shorten it to Edna
that I hate it..
Edna is my MOM not me.
So you can call me the long name anytime!Ü

2pattyesque said...

It was great to see you, Ann! Loved your house and love to chat! See ya later!