Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Girls Time Hootenanny


Does anyone even know what a hootenanny is? I looked it up but its not in the dictionary, guess we get to make out own definition.

I would like to start getting some ideas for fun things to do over Peach Days. I plan to open up my airplane hangar to tables for crafts, boutique, open for suggestions. Might be fun to try some fun or old time photos. Anyway, I am happy to host the casual event (people can come as go as they please) I just want to make sure it is FUN, interactive and comfortable and that I am NOT the only person creating or setting up the FUN stuff to do. So I need your help.

Please leave suggestions of things you would like to do, things you would be happy to set up and be in charge of, activities to consider (and your thoughts on others suggestions) and most importantly, spread the word! It would be fun to have a luncheon one day or at the kick off so people can come and get reacquainted. There are so many gals from school that I would love to catch up with, but I have lost contact. I am willing to set up another blog site if that is an easier forum to get this things going. PLEASE RESPOND AND LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK, even if you think this is a LAME idea. Who is musical or dances or tells fortunes or draws caricatures or can teach a craft or sell something inexpensive and awesome? Who wants to do a cook out (potluck and/or dutch oven?) What are you interested in doing, just to hang out and shoot the breeze?

In the meantime, I think I will set up another blog, I'll let you know where it is when I have it ready. Until then - send it here!

3 comments:

Nikki said...

So fun!! I can bring my jewelry down and set up a few tables. I can help with a meal too! Maybe we can have someone come out and do mini mani-pedis??

NatNeedham said...

Hootenanny was used in the early twentieth century America to refer to things whose names were forgotten or unknown. In this usage it was synonymous with thingamajig or whatchamacallit, as in "hand me that hootenanny." Hootenanny was also an old country word for "party". Now, most commonly, it refers to a folk-music party.

Nikki said...

Nat, that is just awesome!! You are such a crack-up!!