Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Cleared for take off.....

We have a nest of baby birds on our deck out back. There appears to be 3 babies and they are so big now, they eclipse the nest. I believe today will be their first solo flights. The mom and dad have been out there coaxing all morning. I locked up the stalker kitties in the garage to give the babies a fighting chance. I'll keep you posted (hopefully with pictures) of the first flights.

Just a quick update, the babies didn't launch out of the nest today. So maybe they are waiting for a Hump Day take off. They were in the nest flapping their wings and making a bunch of noise, but last time I looked, they were hunkered down for the night.

1 comment:

Carole said...

Wow!!! what a beautiful picture of your ranch in Kiowa. It is so pretty it would make anyone want to live in Colorado. Hope all is well with you. I sent your glasses to you this morning. Mom