Sunday, July 5, 2009

Kiowa 4th of July

I really miss the 4th of July in LaVerkin. The parade, the Square, the sloppy joes and the races. I miss the fishing pond and the cake walk.... We stopped in at the Kiowa celebration, it was kind of fun just really small. They hold it on the grounds of the museum which is the original high school. The museum is actually pretty cool. The fireworks were rained out, so that was pretty disappointing, but maybe they'll set them off next weeked or something.

Anyway, the coolest thing was that the church (not the Mormon church) was holding a big garage sale across the street, so we mosied through and I found almost a complete set of Wedgewood china. I wasn't sure what I was getting but I offered the lady $20 and she gladly took it. When I got home and looked it up online, to my surprise it is worth a lot! The large platter in the picture is worth about $150, Happy 4th of July to me!

3 comments:

Trish the Dish said...

Holy smokes - that's awesome! Great find on the china :)

Nikki said...

That's great. It's so pretty too!

Karen M. said...

It kind of looks like the antique china I found at a store in Colorado, I love the edging, great find!