Sunday, September 13, 2009

The Shack

I finished reading and listening to The Shack yesterday and WOW! So much to think about and so much to absorb. It's hard to believe that it is fiction. If you haven't experienced the story, do it! I found it easier to listen to but I also read in between listening, the narrator just brought it all to life for me. I know you can download it on iTunes as well as get the audiobook. Deep....

Also last night I saw a new episode of The Locator on WeTV. That is such an awesome show about bringing people together who have been separated for any number of reasons, last night a father and daughter. After that episode, there was a new show premiering called The Adoption Diaries, and it is another great watch. The episode was about a young couple in IL that could not have children of their own so it followed their journey through an open adoption. It showed the emotions from all sides and was emotional to watch, but well worth it. Left me with a lot to ponder on this beautiful Sunday.

5 comments:

Karen M. said...

I am reading The Shack also but having a hard time finding time to finish it. I guess I better get the CD and listen to it. It is a great read, and like you said, real deep. Thanks Dan for letting us know about this book. My look at life is a little different after reading this book.

Trish the Dish said...

I LOVED reading The Shack. It gave me a new perspective on how I thought of things. By no means is it doctrine but definitely something to consider. Ryan had to listen to it on tape too because he can't still long enough to read a novel :)

Nikki said...

It changed the way I think about a lot of things. Judging people was a big one for me. Great book. Reading it again.

Carole said...

The Shack was one of the better books I have read. Lots of food for thought in the forgiveness arena. It changed my perspective. Love you always and forever my sweet daughter.

Beardall Family said...

Looks like I better read The Shack! I can't believe how cold it was for you today! It was chilly here but nothing like what you got in Colorado! By the way...The Cowgirl Game - didn't you give that to me? We had a ball playing it! I hope you warm up soon!