Thursday, September 24, 2009

What if?

It's a normal day, nothing extraordinary happening, you are walking down a path or hallway or sidewalk that you've been down many times before, but today there is a purple piece of paper you notice in the middle of your path. Your first thought is to just pass it by, but on second thought, you bend down, pick it up, unfold it and read the following...

...it is no accident that you are here today. You know deep within that your life is at a choice point. Perhaps you know exactly what's next but can't make the first move. Or maybe you just know there's something missing. Ask yourself these questions....

What if you had the power to recreate your life?
What would you hang onto?
What would you let go of?
What are your dreams and wishes?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the invite today. Oh to just drop everything and take off..like they do on Soap Operas. I know what I would hang on to and let go of. It's the dreams and wishes part that get blurry for me.

GLWallace said...

I don't think I would want that power. I feel like a power greater than me has a plan and to alter that plan would make me a different person. There have been mistakes and regrets but again to change anything would change the entire outcome of more lives than my own. Often we have to go though trials to either teach or learn from the experience. We touch so many lives and sometimes never even realize the impact it has when paths cross so its hard for me to know what I would let go of or hang on to. If I had to say though I would hang on to the love and let go of the hate and anger. I dream of a world of peace that starts first with family then flows out like ripples on lake water to others around us without end. Wishes...I haven't dared for a long time to wish but perhaps in the future.
A very though provoking post!!!