Monday, November 30, 2009

Clarence


It's been 2 days since we returned home and we've seen no sign of Clarence. My heart is starting to break as I can't imagine the farm here without him. I found Clarence (the Siamese) and his 3 orange brothers one morning crying in the hay. I don't know what happened to their mom or even which cat she was, the kittens were barely old enough to start lapping milk from a bowl. These 2 brothers are the ones that made it and have been my constant companions for the past couple of years.

They go on every walk with me and the dogs, love to pretend they are big hunters and stalkers but are actually just big lovable kittens. Clarence loved to try to jump from beam to beam in the barn and actually got quite good at walking the 2x4 rafters. I really hope beyond hope that he is just out hunting, that someone picked him up or that he is on his way back home, but that's a long shot....

Miss you Clarence!

5 comments:

Carole said...

Oh Ann, I am so sorry that clarence is missing. I bet he went to find you and is in your field somewhere if he is alive , and I surely hope he is. Our Dooly has been gone for 4 days now and I can;t find him anywhere either so I know how much you miss Clarence. I hope he comes home to you.

Jean said...

Ann, That's awful, I sure hope he makes it home. I know how much you care for him. That's why I couldn't have outside cats. JK

Anonymous said...

I had a Tom once that was an inside cat. He disappeared one day after I let him out to go potty. He was gone for a month...one day I was sitting on my couch with the front door open and in he walked, immaciated, hair bleached out from the sun, and paws burned from the summer pavement. I believe that someone took him and it took him that long to find his way back. Have faith.

Karen M. said...

My heart just fell this morning when I read your blog, not Clarence, he is like my soul mate kitty. I loved going on walks with him and his cute little cackle meow. You have to find him and he has to be ok. I feel the 'great sadness' when I think of him not there. Keep my posted on the search efforts

GLWallace said...

Have you found him yet? I know that my heart would be broken to lose Skittles....he is the one thing that keep me human when I am alone. I add my hopes, prayers and wishes for his safe return