Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Things to ponder...


A few people have begun gratitude postings, blessing boards and such as a great way to get ready for the holidays. I wonder if part of it isn't to try and keep our heads above water in a very troubling time. I have a couple random thoughts and ramblings, so if you are still reading, bear with me...

Since reading The Shack, 2 things have stuck to me like glue #1 being aware of just how many times I make a judgement and then trying not too and #2 the part at the end where he keeps repeating, "I forgive you" 7x70 is what the bible says, in real life it's harder, but I read a long time ago that you don't have to KNOW how to forgive, just be WILLING to forgive. Not easy for a stubborn Capricorn, but I keep trying.

In the Tao Te Ching writings, my favorite verse is...when your cup is full, stop pouring. Great advice for every area of our lifes. For those of us who like to continue to fill our cup to overflowing, maybe we should consider sipping awhile.

And still my favorite, taking time each day to write out 5 things you are thankful for, so you have a good list on those days you think the world is out to get you.

I sign off with this question: If you don't have all the things you want, are you grateful for all the things you DON'T have that you didn't want?

3 comments:

Carole said...

Ann, I love your ponderings. I think most of the time we hardly ever think about the things we did not get. or the things we did not want. We are to busy reaching for things we may never get. "forgiveness is balm for the soul of the forgiver." the forgiven may never know. I love you my darling daughter.

GLWallace said...

Or maybe we are just trying to find a way each day to get out of bed and put one foot in front of the other. If only life was so perfect. You don't have to post this and its fine to delete it as it is just my opinion

Anonymous said...

Well said. I am happy to say that I want for nothing at this moment and that I am blessed that I have all that I need. Sometimes the mere quest for wanting or thinking that we need or deserve ,more is all that makes us miserable. Be happy with what you have and be thankful, not just for the material things but the personal and spiritual things as well. This alone will give us all inner peace.