Friday, February 5, 2010

Never been eaten


It's kind of funny how some things come full circle or that something said doesn't mean anything to you until you get down the road a little further. I was out walking with the dogs and Sebastian this morning when we stumbled onto a fox that had been killed, probably the night before. I wandered around looking and listening for any signs of possible pups, just in case someone needed rescuing. Not finding anything, we headed back to the house. I plan to head back out there in a little while without the dogs for some CSI work, but I've thought about it almost non-stop for the past couple of hours.

Which brings me to the full circle part....


A couple years ago after becoming "retired" I was doing a road trip with a couple of gal pals. In a suburb of Seattle we came across a physic and decided it might be fun to stop in and have her read our auras for us. She called it right on when she said it seemed like I was out of gas and a virtual "wet blanket" at that point in my life I was scraping the bottom of the bucket. She told me that she sensed a huge change in my life and stress attached to it, which would subside after an extended period of time. She also told me to take time to re-boot myself and to not worry so much about the "money" side of life and then she said...."you have always eaten and never been eaten" it made me laugh and scratch my head back then, but it struck me with the fox that a lot of others, whether they are 2 legs or 4, whether they are smarter or faster, get eaten in this world.

I have been struggling just a little bit with my decision to go back to work, but this week has made a lot of difference in how I feel about it now. I spent some time in face to face sales calls. I also got to practice and use my coaching skills with the rep I was traveling with. I realized it put me right back in the part of the work world that I love and all at once I knew that I was 100% excited to get back after it. So I know now that I won't be eaten anytime soon, and that is a good thing to know.

I am grateful.....

2 comments:

Karen M. said...

I love it, and I am excited you are back coaching again, you have such a nack for it and you pass on your wisdom to me, that is a great thing! I'm waiting for my refreshment to come, yum!

GLWallace said...

Life is all about circles and the quest for knowledge and wisdom never ending. I love the picture of the fox and the analogy.