Saturday, February 27, 2010

New Tattoo

As with all my adventures, this one had it's moments. If you look close you will see a map of the Hawaiian islands most likely permanently scarred on my cheek and forehead. So here's what happens when a rookie tries the boogey board in the waves for the first time (who needs stinkin' lessons!) I was riding a wave like the big Kahuna, until it rolled me and rubbed my face in the sand. I left a huge chunk of my DNA in the surf at Kihei. The blessing is that I didn't break my neck or come out of it a parapalegic. I hit my head so hard I can still hear the ocean in my ears. But other than a headache and a deflated ego, I will survive to surf (or just sit on the beach) another day.

6 comments:

NatNeedham said...

Laughing SO stinkin' hard!! You have the worse luck! Seriously, I've done the same thing! I have the scar to prove it! I hope the rest of your adventures are less painful!!

Carole said...

Ann, that is scary and yet I can see you doing it. "Looked easy" right? Be careful I only have one Ann and I would like to have you around for a whole lot longer. Love you.

Claire said...

That is so funny and yet so SAD!!!
They sure make it look easy!
Maybe a little tuck and roll would have saved you..
also try it out farther.. the sandy
bottom would be farther under you??
Just a thought for the next try! Þ0

Trish the Dish said...

I'm sorry, but HA, HA, HA!!!

Nikki said...

Holy Crap. That's no bueno! It always according to plan in our mind. Glad you are ok. Beautiful pictures. I can't wait to hear all about it!

Beardall Family said...

What an adventure! May I suggest Maderma? Glad you are okay!