Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Dirty Nose


Ok, last critter picture, it's been a great week for silly animal stunts. This is our barn kitty, Dirty nose. The spot on her nose is actually pigment, but I thought it was dirt so that's how she got the tag. Karen tried to rename her Callie, but she prefers Dirty or Dirds, or Pretty Dirty. Anyway, this year has been so weird weather wise, that the cats are having a tough time shedding their winter fur, making massive mats in thier coats, I guess it's what you call the mange. Anyway, Dirds was trying to pull it out with her teeth, so I helped her by cutting off what she would let me and then she'd pull the rest. She has a nice mohawk of smooth fur down her back. We finally got most of the hairballs, but it left her looking pretty funky. But just so you know, she still thinks she's sexy!

6 comments:

2pattyesque said...

Ann, I've enjoyed the critter pictures! Post 'em if you've got 'em!

Claire said...

I have known some people like that !
You know, looking strange but still thinking that they are Sexy! HA HA

Carole said...

Poor dirty it is good that she still thinks she is sexy. some days I look that bat too.

Trish the Dish said...

Do the cat a favor and just shave it off. She must be the laughing stock of the ranch...

Karen M. said...

Scroungy but cute, only because I know her, and hey if we had had as many kids as she has - you would probably look worse than that, I agree with Trish the Dish, shave it off and start from scratch.

Jean said...

Funny Dirty girl...she is sexy. Her fur will grow back soon. With the strange weather it could get cold again & then she wouldn't have any fur to keep her warm.