Saturday, May 8, 2010

My Mom





I love my mom with all my heart, she is the most fun to go exploring with, whether it is out throught the fields, old church houses, abandoned farm houses, or just roaming through cemetaries or the desert. I have learned so much from her through the years, mostly about forgiveness, and unconditional love and never giving up. She is kind hearted to everyone she meets humans and animals alike. She would gladly give you the shirt off her back or the couch from her living room. She is blind to the faults of others, she believes in family and love and the lord. It's not in her to ever intentionally hurt someone or to make anyone feel bad. She gives even when she has nothing left to give and does it gladly and with love.

She has shared a lot of experiences with me, some great and some....not so much. She is tolerant of my direct personality, lets me spout even when it hurts her heart to listen to me. She has seen much, suffered more than most, had a broken heart for more years than it was ever whole. She's loved and lost and loved again, it's amazing to me that she can be there for each one of us when we need her and yet when we don't still love us when we have gone on our merry ways.

I know she is proud of each of her children, for the differences, the accomplishments, the people we are and more so, the people she still hopes and knows we can become. I have always been impressed to walk into her bedroom at night and see her on her knees. It is the most powerful example to me. I love you mom, not only on mother's day, but on every other day. xoxo

4 comments:

Elaine said...

Beautiful post, beautiful pictures, beautiful mother. You are very lucky Ann :-) !

2pattyesque said...

Those are great shots of your mother!

Carole said...

Thank you Ann for that beautiful tribute.. You are awesome, I love to go exploring with you. Can hardly wait to come out next month, just to see my beautiful daughter and enjoy the ranch, the animals and see the new family members. Love you so much.

Karen M. said...

Yep she is pretty amazing alright, and if you need someone to hang out in neat places with, mom is the one to call, she has been everywhere, on every road, and done pretty much all of it!