Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Karma

I had an interesting experience today that has me in a pretty reflective mood. I was in the grocery store doing some shopping and I saw a wad of bills laying on the floor in the aisle. I reached down and picked it up, there were 3-4 $5 bills and a receipt for birthday stuff from the Dollar Store, no name. I quickly had that little discussion with myself of what the "right" thing to do was. A couple of months ago I found a $100 bill at the checkout stand in Lin's and turned it in (JSYK). I put the new found money in my coupon envelope and finished my shopping. I didn't see anyone frantically looking for something they'd lost. Anyway, on the way out of the store I just couldn't do it, so I took it to the customer service desk and handed it over. Here's where the Karma comes in....

On my way home I got to see one of the most incredible sites, ever. I saw a mom antelope with 2 (count em 2) brand new babies. The mom was laying down in the grass and the 2 little wobbly babies were just hanging out by her. I bet every other person that drove down that road today totally missed the miracle, but I saw it. In fact I went back and watched for a few minutes. I had my camera but didn't want to disturb them. I have to tell you, it brought me to tears. I feel rewarded for doing the right thing. Rewarded in a way that is special and unique to me. I love babies and I am mesmerized by their miracle of life, it is humbling to me to be in the presence of something that has just left the presence of God, deep, I know....

4 comments:

Nikki said...

That is awesome! Even more awesome because you stopped and recognized the miracle you were rewarded with seeing. Pretty cool that you were so open to it!

Karen M. said...

Amazing what happens when you are doing the right thing. I never doubted that you would turn the money in. What a reward...I try to always stop and smell the roses but I probably would have missed that one. Thanks for sharing!

Carole said...

What an awesome daughter I have. I am so grateful for family and the rewards they bring to me. Just as I was dozing off to sleep last night I heard your voice in my heart calling Mom, mom. I hope you are ok, thanks for sharing your miracle with us. Love you forever.

Claire said...

I have to say that the person that i know always did the right thing!
You and my sister were hard acts to follow! Ü