Monday, December 21, 2009

Monday, Monday...

Well for all of you reading the blog out there, today we tried to settle on, enlarge and frame the family picture. Some of you will be reading this and going, what???? Somewhere between West Jordan and Kiowa there is a disc with over 300 images from the Thanksgiving photo shoot. I had to resort to Plan B (a modified version). Sammi sent me a handful of the "best" pictures, I sent that out to everyone in the family for your viewing. However, I needed to move the process along so I called a couple of experts, aka mom and Teresa. After looking at the shots, the expressions, the lighting, the colors and the people, we settled on this picture as the one we would enlarge for mom and dad for Christmas. It is at the printers as I type.

I like the colors, the expressions and the overall feel of the picture.

UPDATE The picture is at the shop getting framed! Thanks to Barry and Teresa for picking it up and braving the experience of picking the frame. They found a really nice frame (from what they described) and the store is doing the framing for us. WooHoo!

Now, just a couple of quick observations and facts....There are NO pictures where we are all looking at the camera. Someone always seemed to be looking off into the wild blue yonder, or talking or goofing or something. Out of the 300+ pictures, there are only a few that have all of us in them. PhotoShop is not an option! It was a fun day and I'm glad we got the pictures we did. Fact #1 we should do this again sometime and vow to all look directly at the camera, stand up straight, smile and have fun. Fact #2 As soon as the rogue disc shows up, I will burn copies for everyone. Fact #3 We're not half bad looking as a bunch and Fact #4 at the base of everything, we are a family. Thanks for making this all happen and get your checks in the mail.

5 comments:

Karen M. said...

Check is in the mail, and hey, we are what we are and no photoshop in the world could erase that. The best part is we all got together for this rare opportunity and I love it. I think the choice was a great one, can't wait to see the finished product, I will take a picture and blog it tomorrow morning to all of you. Thanks Ann and Teresa for the hard work, and Sammie for the great pictures!

Carole said...

Picture looks great and the experience of all of us getting together was a wonderful and memorable one. Thanks all of you. Love ya. Mom

Beardall Family said...

Love the pictures! I am so thrilled be able to have a Beardall family picture in the house! It's about time! :-)

Anonymous said...

Hey Ann #1.thanks for doing all off this #2 thanks for not using a photo shopped picture #3 check will go out with January bills. #4 I love you all.

2pattyesque said...

I think this shot is great! I'm glad all of you could get together. I think your parents will love this gift! Merry Christmas!