Friday, December 11, 2009

My Dad



For my whole life, my dad has always been there for me. He has always been steady, strong, unassuming, humble and grounded. I love him more than I can ever express, and for more reasons than I can ever record here.

This morning my dad is in surgery. He has battled skin cancer for the past few years and thought he had licked it. This morning before going into surgery, he got the news that they found cancer again in the biopsied tissue.

I am praying for him and for my mom, 2 of the strongest people I know of. Mom has been having bouts of dizziness that are a little scary and the doctors can't seem to figure out why. What both of my parents have on their side is undeniable faith, a love of life and a resilence that is remarkable. I love you both very much....

5 comments:

GLWallace said...

I couldn't have said it better myself. It has been really scary this morning waiting to find out the outcome...which right now looks good...but makes me appreciate them even more and love them unconditionally.

Jean said...

Ann, you & your parents are in my thoughts & prayers. Hope it all turns out good. Hang in there, you must get your strength from your mom & dad.

Claire said...

I hope all goes well!!

I have Vertigo..

Maybe your Mom could try
Meclizine..
It is what they have me take and
it is over the counter..
Have her cut the pill in 1/2.
They make you feel sleepy..
But they really take the dizzy away.

Anonymous said...

Look how happy dad is in these photos! It was so totally worth it. Thanks again.

Carole said...

And my dear daughters, your Dad is doing fine today. He is home and alert, up and about. Dr. gardner thinks they got it all because he took a really big chunk of skin and tissue. he is sitting in his chair eating an apple tonight. We love all of you dearly for the love, support and prayers. We have faith he will be ok. Love you all