Friday, January 2, 2009

My New Year's Eve

So thank goodness holidays come and quickly go. It helps you get past the uncomfortable situations, the boring situations and the less than anticipated situations. You can endure anything that passes quickly. I've never been a fan of New Year's Eve, in fact, I've never understood why you would stay out partying, in some cases drinking and in most cases doing crazy things well into the wee hours of the morning, only to wake up tired, hung over or humiliated....does not seem the right way to start a new year to me, but I digress.

We decided to make a quick trip to Palm Springs, well Palm Desert but that only matters if you live there, to visit Bruce's auntie Doris. She will be 90 years old this Spring and she keeps telling us that she is sure she won't last much longer, although she looks younger than she is, has the memory of an elephant, more money than God and is too onery to die anytime soon. She moved to the Fountains at the Carlotta this past year, an adult center, with assited living options when she reaches that point. Here's a view of the joint....


Not a bad place to hang out for awhile if you ask me. But I did get to spend New Year's Day taking down all her Christmas decorations, yippee! I guess it didn't matter, we watched New Years hit the East Coast and then called it a night, in bed by 9:30, that might be a new record.

Here's Dorie....


I really need to get a more exciting life!

2 comments:

Nikki said...

You crack me up! Glad you had a good trip. She looks like a pretty spring chicken to me!

Brandon, Misty, Kyla and Casey said...

It's always good to take care of family! We did't have too much excitement either. Family games and a movie and I actually fell asleep before the kids did this year....I think that's a record. I must be getting old.