Saturday, February 21, 2009

Aim for the Heart

On Friday of this week, I got the honor of helping my sister Karen facilitate a session with her stake Primary President's. I helped her last Fall with an aviation theme, this time it was a heart theme. The 2 hours went by so fast and I know that everyone really got a lot out of the day. Karen provided the spiritual growth part of the program, I took the experiential part. We did a lot of great activities to help cement the concepts, the ones I lead were the Mine field and the Helium stick. Pictures of both activities are included. It was such a great day and I learned a lot from watching my sister. She has the glow of the spirit inside her and she is a natural born leader.

The biggest compliment was paid to Karen by one of her ward Presidents who said something along the lines of this...Sister Mendenhall is such a great leader, she puts so much into each meeting that I am excited to attend. I know that time with her is time well spent and I love her for it. WOW! I totally agree!

On Saturday Karen took me out for a crash course on geocaching. We went towards Zion and quickly found our 5 caches. On the way home we made a detour to Grafton where we had a lot of fun taking pictures! It was such a great day to be able to spend time with her. I will treasure this day forever!





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's awesome that you two are so close. Looks like you had a great time. Great photos on both blogs.

Brandon, Misty, Kyla and Casey said...

Yep, I'd have to agree...she's a pretty great lady. :)