Tuesday, February 3, 2009

More exploring







Another really fun day today, we went into the shops in Elizabeth looking for antiques and treasures. We found a few things we couldn't live without. Next we went back out to look at the site of the small airplane crash, but when we got there the plane had already been removed. As we drove through Kiowa we saw the plane (or what was left of it) on a flat bed trailer. It was a humbling experience to look at what was left. It's been on my mind all afternoon, so it is something I will probably blog about later. I did not take pictures and I am glad that I didn't. A 53 year old man lost his life. It was a heavy experience. On the bright side, I passed my flight physical today and am good to go for another 2 years!


Last but not least, we stopped at the old farm on the way to my house. I'd been trhough most of the buildings, even pilphered a door knob or two, but had never taken pictures. These are the shots from today... and we did find some cool old windows that we took out of the buildings and hid, I'll have to go back when it's dark so I don't end up in the local newspaper...

Can you spot the "crappy day" crapper? There were 2 old outhouses, one with the old catalog still sitting on the floor.

2 comments:

Nikki said...

I love the outhouse. That's just awesome. Out of all the stuff you could find...that's what you landed on!

Ann said...

yeah, I guess I have a fascination with old crappers. There are actually two, one is tipped on it's side, but you can see the two butt holes in the picture! LOL!