Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Day 5 Excedrin FREE!!!!


I'm a recovering Excedrin junkie, it's been 5 full days since my last fix! For those of you who have known me for awhile, you know that I struggle with headaches almost every day, mostly caused by tension and a little thing called stress. I've tried to kick this habit a few times before and although I don't take the excessive amounts that I used too (4 of these bad boys at a time!) it has still been hard to kick the habit, gee must be the caffeine or something. So I'm determined to get 'er done this time but it has been a little rough! Today, I have a dull headache, but I'm heading out for a long walk with the dogs and that should help. If you talk to me or get an email that seems a little more "direct" than usual..... If I can make 2 weeks, I'll be in the clear. I'm really trying not to replace the caffeine either, I don't drink soda (well maybe 1 Dr. Pepper a month) but I have had to resort to a little bit of dark chocolate to take the edge off, but that's healthy right? So I look at this as my Everest to climb right now, what's your Everest?

3 comments:

Brandon, Misty, Kyla and Casey said...

I can so relate, and congrats on 5 days! My doc told me if I could go a week without tylenol, my body would stop depending on it, and he was right...it worked! Good luck! My "everest" is the Big Sur Half Marathon in Nov. There is nothing more challenging than making myself train after a long day in the classroom! I'm curious to hear what others everests are!

Unknown said...

Good Luck with kicking the habit Ann! You can do it! ;-) I got in the habit of drinking too much Dr. Pepper and now I'm tryng to take that intake down.

Ann said...

The update is... I am still Excedrin free and not missing it at all. I actually feel better now, the headaches are virtually not thee at all. Still climbing Everest, but at least I can see the summit!