Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Touchdown, 16 Grassy Meadows

We flew into Hurricane on Monday at high noon. The flight was pretty smooth all the way with the exception of the last 15 minutes. Something around the Kanab area, it just gets really rough. So I am on high alert, muscles tense, teeth grinding, totally in the zone for the part of the flight when I am already tired, already need to get to the bathroom and just want to enjoy coming over the mesa and dropping into home. I feel so lucky to be able to experience the country from a small plane, I wish I could take a picture of how it feels to come over the mesa edge, but I'm too busy hanging on and I don't think you can get the whole effect without feeling the feeling.


Upon arrive, we discovered the morning doves who have made a home out of our light by the fron entry. It sounds so cool to hear them cooing. And my awesome broth Barry has been hard at work putting in the landscaping. We decided to plant grass with gardens along the fences and house. The north hangar side has a spot for fruit trees, and along the drive is a great veggie garden spot. Lots of work has gone in to get it this far, THANKS BARRY! Now back to sucking up spiders and other crawly creatures....

2 comments:

Nikki said...

Your yard is looking way awesome! Glad you made it down safely. I am sure it's such a rush just flying, let alone flying home. Good luck at the show this weekend! I'll check in with you this weekend to see how it's going!

Anonymous said...

I love that picture of the birds nest. How fitting and maybe even symbolistic...It blows me away that you can fly and have your own plane...please never take me with you though...i am afaid of heights and I would have been peeing my pants if there was any wind or turbulence.