Saturday, March 14, 2009

Hannah


Today will be dedicated to my silly kitties. The first is the QUEEN of the house, Miss Hannah Banana Berry Bodkins, or Hank for short. I bought the cat lounger she is sleeping in about a year ago and for a year she wouldn't even look at it. It even has catnip in a pouch in the bottom. So last week I decided that I would move it to the kitchen chair for one last attempt. My plan was to get rid of it, but as you can see, she just wanted it moved to a better location, I can't pry her out of it now.

Other Hannah quirks, she waits like an alarm clock each morning to precisely the minute you woke up the morning before and then she starts meowing, loudly and continuously until you get up, scratch her, give her a treat and turn the water on for her in the bathroom sink. We have 2 sinks in the bathroom so you MUST turn on the right one or she will sit in the other one waiting, just watching the water run.

She also loves to play hide and seek. She loves it at night when I hide behind doors and in closets, she will come sneaking around the corner and goes running when I scare her. Sometimes she gets the growl thing going like she's possessed and really tears it up with the rugs. Of course the favorite thing is to peel out on the hard wood floors.

And speaking of rugs, when I'm cooking, she lays belly up on the kitchen rug right at my feet and sometimes between my feet. I can't tell you how many times I've tripped over her! It's pretty funny right now because I cut some hair balls off her chest so her upper body skin is dark pink with the white hair on her lower belly she looks topless!

I think I could write a book on all her quirks, the funniest is that she loves the hair dryer. When I'm drying my hair she lays at my feet and waits to be fluffed. She loves the air on her face, her belly, her back, she would lay there all day if I'd hold the dang dryer for her. She even begs for the big face powder brush on her face once in awhile, what a girly girl!

That's my Hananaberry

2 comments:

Claire said...

Ann,

Looking at all your animals,
I am ashamed to admit that one little puppy has me on the run!
Well, stressed is more like it!
Your animals look very well cared for!
I have been reading your blog for about a month.
Your new car looks Great!
I love Speed! Ü

I am happy to say that we have planted out trees. It is finally going to be warm for a few days!
I know that everywhere needs moisture, but I need a good week of SUN!!
I ran into Penny, she said that you 2 e-mail each other..
The old neighborhood was filled with Great People! (A few I could have lived with out!)
Claire

Karen M. said...

I guess I will get on this afternoon and start a quirky thing for katie, I could go on and on with her too! Fun to read. Keep 'em coming!