Sunday, March 15, 2009

Sebastian and Sadie


This is my barn kitty, Sebastian. He is the brother to Clarence that I will picture sometime later this week. Both were orphaned in my barn so have been a big part of the family for the past couple of years. Sebastian is a funny cat. He goes on every walk with me and the dogs, no matter what time of day or how far we go. He has a very distinctive meow that sounds like he has a rasp, but also like he swallowed a frog.

He is everywhere I am, he doesn't mind the dogs even though he used to go the rounds with Sadie. He loves to be picked up and carried on the walks (who wouldn't?) and he is patient when I bend down to pick up Sadie's ball and he just hangs on when I wind up and throw the ball with the Chuck It. He doesn't get ruffled, he's just there for the ride and the scratches.

Like Hannah, he is talking to me as soon as I come out the door. He sleeps in the garage with Clarence and the dogs, so he meows all the way to the barn. He reminds me a lot of a cat we had for almost 12 years, Tiger (or Stripes as he was sometimes referred too). It's great to be loved.

He is my Sebalicious!

And in case any of you were thinking that Sadie was the perfect dog...let me tell you I know about big digs in my flower beds and poop on my front lawn. You can see her ball at her feet, she was digging to China trying to find a place to hide the ball. The only problem is, she would never leave that ball anywhere. And PS she is out of heat!!! Although it has been painful still for Booner, he follows her everywhere, still moaning. I feel a little sorry for him because not only does Sadie go after him with teeth bared, so does Tessie. It's like the bond of the sisterhood, thank goodness they look out for each other, us girl's got to stick together!

2 comments:

Nikki said...

You have the best animals...ever! At least they all make you laugh!

NatNeedham said...

You are so funny! When you started blogging, you were into all this motivational stuff, and now you are the "crazy-cat-lady" posting about your cats. FUNNY! (p.s. you know I'm just teasing about the "crazy-cat-lady" thing right?)