Monday, March 16, 2009

Jewelry Fetish



Ok, I'm not sure I can live with being a crazy cat lady, even though it's probably close to the truth :-) so here is another OCD thing I do. Over the past year or so, I selectively been addicted to 2 things, jewelry and making jewelry. I bought the components for a Bumbles watch, the face and the band last year, but figured I could probably make my own for less. I have experimented, played, and restrung a number of bands. The one pictured is actually pretty cool for a couple of reasons, first it is 4 smaller strands that are separate, so you can use them together or interchange with other single bands. The beads are silver (Tibetan Silver) not plastic and the beads are real stones, in this case turquoise, red jade and coral. I estimate that I can do each strand for $7 or less. The bands through Bumbles are $28 and you get what you get, so if you want to change the look, you have to buy another $28 band.

So just thought I would throw it out there for feed back, do you like the bands? Let me know if you have ideas to add. I have all different kinds of beads from Black Onyx to colored fresh water pearls to fossils to different kinds of jasper and turquoise.

7 comments:

Nikki said...

I love it!! That is really cute!

NatNeedham said...

Love it! I love watches! I always buy inexpensive ones so that I can change my look frequently. I like the idea of changing the bands, I would definitely use it (my birthday is in November, hint, hint)! Seriously, I was soooo kidding about the crazy-cat-lady thing, but you do give me a good laugh!!!

2pattyesque said...

It looks great to me!

Karen M. said...

I want one! Hope to get together soon so that I can get creative too!

Nikki said...

Yes, Luke is still singing Move It, Move It. And he sings it REALLY loudly!

Claire said...

I don't wear very much jewelry, but my friends here in my neighborhood love the big watches!!!

I think they would love what you have done!

Your quite talented!

Beardall Family said...

Love it, Love it, Love it. Let's make some! I have slowly been buying tools and beads and then I put them away and make nothing. It's more fun to make stuff with friends!