Sunday, March 8, 2009

The Heat is on!

It has been one long painful week at the Sleepy Turtle Ranch. Sadie went from being an adolescent to being a young woman (I didn't even get the chance to show her that stupid movie they make girls watch!) Anyway, since she is only 10 months old and it isn't a good idea to breed her that young, and since Booner is still a stud (literally) and will eventually be the dad, I've had to rotate dogs through the garage to keep them separated. What a circus! The moaning and carrying on has really been wearing on me. I thought that her cycle was done, so I took all the dogs on a walk today, seemed innocent enough until it was painfully aware that I was probably premature. Then it was a rodeo to keep them apart and get one of them back in the garage! Wow, the things you learn on a farm! So far so good, no hook ups and no Whoopsee (or whoopee). I am hoping this is over soon for at least another 6 months.

Oh and here's another shot of the CC in the driveway. I didn't think you wanted to see shots of the dogs in action. It was another gorgeous day in Colorado, even though the wind was blowing like crazy.

3 comments:

Brandon, Misty, Kyla and Casey said...

Hehe, you crack me up. So, when do you guys move out to Hurricane?

Karen M. said...

Love the new ride, she is sweet for sure. Now you have lift in your wings and wind in your hair, you lucky duck! Oh and the girl thing you got goin on with Sadie, what a trip. We have Tom's around here all the time fighting and hissing, and Katie has been fixed, go figure! Animals make our lives unique! Have a great day! Love ya

Nikki said...

I love reading your posts! You crack me up!! I love the new car! Looks like a beautiful day in Colorado!!