Friday, April 24, 2009

Add carpenter to my resume

I was getting so tired of everything lumped in my jewelry box that I couldn't stand it. Then I saw the cool racks Nikki uses to display jewelry for her boutiques and I had my answer. I went to Home Depot yesterday and cruised the aisles until I found what I wanted. I bought 8 foot lengths of moulding, sawed them into 2 foot and 3 foot lengths in the store. Then I found a miter box and saw (for $7.00) some wood glue, a heavy staple gun, some wire and I was ready to build. I was really intimidated to miter the corners but it turned out to be easier than I thought.

After I sawed, sanded, glued and stapled everything together, I put a coat of satin varnish on the wood. Then I tacked the wire to the back and hung it in my closet. Because of the angle on the camera, it doesn't look rectangular but I guarantee that it is. I have one more large frame to finish with the wire. I feel such a sense of accomplishment and I'm stoked that I can actually see my stuff! WooHoo!


4 comments:

Karen M. said...

I love it! It is way better than you described on the phone. I am pretty darned impressed by the new addition to your repitore'. Maybe I will try my hand at something new now you have me inspired!

Trish the Dish said...

Great job! I really like the wood you used. Can't wait to see it at the WWW expo!

Nikki said...

Well done!! I love it!

2pattyesque said...

I love this. I'm impressed!