Monday, April 27, 2009

Wrapped in Silver


This weekend was the big Rocky Mountain Beading Society show and event in Denver. I have been looking for the opportunity to take a glass or two in silver wrapping stones. I was able to attend a class and although it was as hard as I thought it would be, I had a great time and learned a lot. This is my first attempt at wire wrapping. The stone is actually a glass piece provided by the instructor and it is wrapped in sterling silver. It was a really fun day for me, I met some great people there. The beads and all the stuff at the show were sensory OVERLOAD, it was cool just looking at all the shiny bobbles.

4 comments:

Nikki said...

You have so many hidden talents. Who knew all you had to do was stop working so we would get to see them!!
PS...I want one!! That is really super cute!

2pattyesque said...

That looks cool! I love taking classes. I've almost decided that I don't care what the class is about. :-) Jewelry would be a cool class. Keep up the good work!

Karen M. said...

I bet you were in jewlry heaven for sure. I can't think of anyone more happy unless it would be Becky in a shoe store. I love the necklace, it is so you!

Granny T said...

That's BEAUTIFUL! I am so impressed. Well I'm off to china again later this month. Maybe I'll have better luck finding the silver stuff you wanted me to look for.