Thursday, April 9, 2009

Horses - Free to good homes...


It's finally come to that point. We have tried unsuccessfully for the past couple of years to sell off our herd. Now with the economy and the price of hay, it's going to be interesting to see if we can give them away. We're down from 25 to 21 and I have a guy coming this morning to take a look. We've at least gotten a few calls off the ad we placed, so we will see. It kind of breaks my heart to do this, but you've got to do what you've got to do. I just hope we find good homes....

4 comments:

Carole said...

Thanks for the pictures, Harmon really wants Mac. I am telling dad to get Dandy. Anyway Harmon is planning on coming over your way next weekend. I will let you know more later. Thanks again.

2pattyesque said...

Ann, this sure is a sad thing to have to downsize your herd. Good luck to you!

Karen M. said...

I know this is the most heartbreaking thing you have had to do, these are your babies, you cried over them,babied them, trudged through the snow for them,cracked your skull for them. Keep a stiff upper chin, they will go to good homes. Love you tons

Nikki said...

That sucks. Good luck.