Thursday, April 23, 2009

One of those days...

I decided to take Whiskey Girl up yesterday and poke some holes in the sky. All the way to the airport the clouds were popping up looking a little ominous, but not too bad. I pulled up to the hangar to discover that runway 10/28 was closed for maintenance, so I was going to get to launch from the big 17/35 runway, good stuff when you're a little rusty. So I launch, everything is good, but the clouds now are starting to get bigger and the bumps, wow! So after I got in the air, got the plane set up, took a few deep breathes and surveyed the best option for a fun flight, I made the determination that this probably wasn't going to be the day for a nice easy flight, so I called the tower, made a 180 and came back in for a landing. Not my best landing, but hey, I'll take it.

I put the plane back in the hangar and then did what I always do when I need a little perspective in my world, I spent quality time cleaning the wings, fuselage, tail and wheels. Then I moved on to sweeping the big hangar floor and then just meditating listening to the sounds of the airport. Something about being there is good for me. Then I pulled out my camera and started dinking around, at least until the battery went dead. I decided that I need to lighten up on the eye liner, so I'll be working on that today. But here is one of the shots from the day...

2 comments:

Nikki said...

Good for you for getting back up in the air. I know you've been itching to do it again. You make me laugh w/ the eyeliner! I love the pic you posted too!

Karen M. said...

You mean racoon eyes are not in any more?! I thought I was still cool! What a let down. I think the 'pose' looks great, love the reflection. We need to have a picture taking day again, I loved it!