Sunday, April 19, 2009

Finally, the sun comes out!


It was just our luck that the sun would come out with a vengeance on SUNday, the day that everyone had to pack up and head home. While the snow was beautiful and the moisture much needed, it wasn't quite the Spring Break we all had planned. But hopefully we created some good memories and made lemonade out of lemons. I know Alex will be happy to not have to worry about where Hannah is anymore and Luke will be happy to be where he can run and jump and make loud noises without being shushed all the time. It was a fun couple of days watching movies, making jewelry, painting pictures and thank goodness for the Play Doh!

Next time, we have to pay a little more attention to the weather report so we can execute the adventure we plan. And just one last quick note...I don't know how mothers do it. I am exhausted after just a couple of days! Little boys especially, do they ever slow down, walk around a puddle, not look for the next thing to inflict mayhem on, stop talking or poking who ever is next to them? Like little tornadoes they are! My hats off to all of you that are raising or have raised little boys, I'm sure you've earned a place in heaven! Thanks Nik for sharing your family with us, we love you guys!

5 comments:

Trish the Dish said...

Sounds like you had a blast! And yes, little boys are exhausting (as I'm finding out...)

Brandon, Misty, Kyla and Casey said...

Boys and girls are worlds apart....at least mine are! I'm not sure if they ever outgrow it!

Claire said...

I am not so sure that we have special places in heaven, I think that some of my bad thoughts will keep me out, boys or no boys!! Ü

Karen M. said...

I will take boys anytime! But children in general are full of energy/ Just had a Day Camp for 150 little girls ages 8-11, I am exhausted but it is good. Take a much needed bubble bath and then get up and go again!

Beardall Family said...

You are the aunt from heaven and loved very much! You are always so patient with our kids and they always have a great time when you are around. Kudo's to you for making it a great weekend for Nikki and her family! Snow and all!