Monday, April 6, 2009

Too much time on my hands

I've worked my whole adult life up until about a year ago. This past year has been an adventure in finding myself, resting, decompressing and setting a new course. It has been good to be home more, to focus on my home and home life. However, I've started to realize that I need to find something challenging that requires me to have a start and end, and a very strong game plan. My house is literally torn apart right now, because I bounce from project to project. I eventually get everything done, but the house is in total chaos while I'm getting there.

I had the entry, great room and kitchen painted a couple of weeks ago, it looks great, but I still haven't hung the pictures back on the walls... I was thinking of hanging some old windows that I've had in the garage for heaven knows how long, but just haven't figured it out yet, so nothing gets hung. The china cabinet is almost back together, I got sidetracked looking at the serving pieces of sterling silver that have been in the family forever. I promise to finish that tomorrow. I started painting the guest bathroom yesterday, it's half finished.... I have beads all over the kitchen table, the buffet is a wreck since I was using it to take pictures of my Strapped 4 Cash bands today and I'm not quite finished with that yet, oh and my office looks like a bomb went off in it :-)

So tonight, I decided to unpile my sewing machine (yes Christine I still have about 50 Flopper Stoppers sitting there that need to be assembled!) I was actually thinking about cleaning up my workout space, but got sidetracked by the sewing machine. I have also been cutting up old levis for a quilt and during that deal thought I would take the top of my old overalls and make a bag out of it. So I did finish one project tonight, the picture is below. Tomorrow I vow to finish another "in process" project or maybe 2, but that will be after I go flying.....

7 comments:

2pattyesque said...

Ann, that's a really cute bag. I don't know if I knew you were a seamstress. :-) I've rediscovered sewing--sewing about 14 pairs of pajama pants and about that many aprons (if not more). I think the time of unemployment would not feel so long if you could see "around the corner" at what you were going to do next.

Karen M. said...

I think you are accomplishing alot. The finishing is always the hardest part of any project. Is it ever really finished?! It seems as though you are so excited about life that you go from one thing to the next so as to not miss anything at all! You are amazing no matter how much chaos there is around you. We are going to tackle tiling our home, that should be about a 2 year project, I can hardly wait, ugh!

NatNeedham said...

Cute bag! Yeah, I don't even want to think about my unfinished projects... maybe when the kids are grown and moved out I will get around to them all! My friend is going to come and do the watches at the boutique, just so you know. See you soon!

Nikki said...

I love it!! It turned out really cute! I want one!

Claire said...

You are so multi talented!
I am impressed!
Maybe this is just the break you needed to get some things done???
I agree with my Sis,that around the corner will be something great and you will be glad of this time you have now!

Carole said...

Ann, you are scary... getting to be just like your mother..my house is always in some undetermined sort of disorder. our kitchen is all apart so we can get the new countertops, then we will be putting up a tile backsplash, my laundry room is a mess with plants waiting for spring planting everywhere there is a counter or top of something, my bedroom is a nightmare right now because I have things torn apart. BE CAREFUL YOU WILL TURN INTO YOUR MOTHER!!!!! Aside from that the bag is darling you have a real imagination. I'll help you with the levi quilt, they are fun to make and to use. Love you always, Mom

Anonymous said...

see...you should be the one designing bags sis! I don't have a crafty gene in my body. I am still trying to find what my nitch in life is...what my "gift" is...hope the search ends soon.